Business and administration has no limitations in every organization. It extends to all sectors and industries, creating a wide range of opportunities. Roles in business and administration are no longer static and low-level – they include a extensive range of opportunities, from low-level secretary right through to managing director. Individuals who invest in their skills now will be making a sound investment towards their future.
The Business Administration Apprenticeship accounts for 12% of all Apprenticeships undertaken in England. It is such a versatile programme that it is suitable for most types of organisations, with an emphasis on the more practical side of administration.
This course provides a good grounding for a first time job in an administrative capacity and can be undertaken in a range of work environments. Apprentices will be producing reports and correspondence, working with staff within an organisation and its customers and clients.
There are loads of opportunities in Business Administration if you're enthusiastic, motivated and efficient at multi-tasking.
With an Apprenticeship in Business Administration, you will be expected to do typing, emailing, filing, photocopying, arranging meetings, taking minutes, making phone calls, producing documents and writing letters. Administration covers so much that if you can name it, you're likely to end up doing it.Candidate work role requirements
This NVQ is for those working in office environments in any of the following roles, or roles similar
- Junior assistant
- Office assistant
- Contact centre operator
- Databases and spreadsheets
- Managing your workload
- Working with others
- Employment rights and responsibilities
You will develop the skills and knowledge associated with Business Administration.How will I be assessed?
Through competence based assessments carried out in the workplace and attending day release training at college.Entry Requirements
GCSE grades A-G in English and Maths and by interview prior to enrolment.How much time will I spend on the course?
Tailor-made to meet individual needs.How is the course delivered?
A dedicated Co-ordinator will support and guide you through the programme.Who is this course suitable for?
Any young person working in an office environment.NVQ Level 2 mandatory units:
- Carry out your responsibilities at work.
- Work within your business environment.
You will also be required to complete the following additional modules:
- Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Manage customer relations
- Manage diary systems
- Organise business travel and accommodation
- Deal with visitors
- Process customer financial transactions
- Operate credit control procedures
- Store, retrieve and archive information
- Research and report information
- Organise and support meetings
- Use IT Systems
- Use IT to exchange information
- Word processing software
- Spreadsheet software
- Database software
- Presentation software
- Specialist or bespoke software
- Use a telephone system
- Operate office equipment
- Prepare text from notes
- Prepare text from shorthand
- Prepare text from recorded audio instructions
- Produce documents
- Work effectively with other people
What can I do after this course?
- Key skills - Application of number and communication.
- Technical Certificate - including Employment rights and responsibilities.
You can progress to another course at this level or at a higher level.What careers would this course be useful for?
Useful for a career within an office or administrative environment.